HealthTeam Advantage is closely monitoring COVID-19 (Coronavirus) to ensure we continue providing the best care and service to our members and employees. We rely on the guidance from our medical directors, our parent company, Cone Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the NC Department of Health and Human Services.
First and foremost, protect yourself by taking everyday precautions:
- Wash your hands often with soapy water for at least 20 seconds (yes, you can sing Happy Birthday twice to pass the time)
- Sneeze or cough into your elbow
- Avoid touching your face (or someone else’s)
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if you can’t use soap and water
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you’re feeling sick
How HealthTeam Advantage can help:
- We’ve worked with Elixir (our Part D pharmacy partner) to allow pharmacies to bypass the “Refill Too Soon” edit for the duration of the State of Emergency (i.e., currently through January 2021); we’ll monitor this and extend the period as necessary. This means the pharmacist, using their clinical judgment, can refill your prescription as necessary to ensure you have the medication you need. You will be responsible for your copay or coinsurance. Please note, this edit is for emergencies that are only related to COVID. Please also note the pharmacy will only be able to provide medication if you have a valid prescription with refills from your prescriber. If your prescription is written for a 30-day supply, they will only be able to process a 30-day supply. We want to make sure those in need are able to get refills.
- We’re waiving the copay for the COVID-19 lab test.
- You always have access to telehealth visits at $0 copay. If you’re not feeling well, avoid going out, avoid exposure to others, and sign up for a telehealth visit on your phone or computer. You can also use Sophie, the virtual assistant, to register—just text HTA to 635483.
- If you’re sick, consider calling your doctor’s office. If you don’t have a primary care provider, you can search for one here or call your Healthcare Concierge (PPO members call 888-965-1965 and HMO members call 833-324-3242 (TTY: 711), October 1–March 31, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET, seven days a week or April 1–September 30, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday or email ConciergeHTA@HealthTeamAdvantage.com) and they can help you find a provider and set an appointment.
Scammers may use COVID-19 as an opportunity to steal your identity and commit Medicare fraud. In some cases, they might tell you they’ll send you a Coronavirus test, masks, or other items in exchange for your Medicare number or personal information. Be wary of unsolicited requests for your Medicare number or other personal information.
It’s important to always guard your Medicare card like a credit card and check your Medicare claims summary forms for errors. Only give your Medicare number to participating Medicare pharmacists, primary and specialty care doctors or people you trust to work with Medicare on your behalf. Remember, Medicare will never call you to ask for or check your Medicare number.
For immediate assistance for mental health and substance abuse issues call Cone Health’s 24-hour HelpLine at 336-832-9700 or 800-711-2635 . Or walk into Cone Health Behavioral Health Hospital or the emergency department at Alamance Regional Medical Center for a prompt in-person crisis assessment.
NC Hotline (answers to general, nonemergency questions about novel coronavirus): 866-462-3821
NC COVID-19 updates (available 24/7 to get connected to resources in your community): call 211 or text COVIDNC to 898211
“10 Questions & Answers about the COVID-19 Vaccine” by Dr. Beth Hodges, MD
Staying Active & Social Distancing
As a HealthTeam Advantage member, you have access to SilverSneakers classes and other tools that let you work out without going to a gym or facility. Here are some things SilverSneakers is doing because of the Coronavirus and here are some options for staying active apart from other people:
• SilverSneakers “Livestream” classes offered via video conferencing technology
• SilverSneakers Go digitally-led activities such as guided walks
• SilverSneakers instructors and fitness network locations hosting live broadcast events
• OnDemand classes and workshops available 24-7 through the SilverSneakers member portal
• FLEX instructors hosting instructor-led events in open spaces
Visit SilverSneakers online for more details or call your Healthcare Concierge.